nautilus-cd-burner and ATAPI CD burner

Peter Ulrich Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Sun Jan 25 12:13:12 PST 2004

Hi Joe!

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 03:26, Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
> > I just saw some mails about nautilus-cd-burner (I can delete
> > files from burn:/// ).
> > Does it support  ATAPI CD burners at all or is it SCSI-only?
> > I can't find anything in the docs about it.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html
With this one I got the SCSI emulation (is this the right word?)
for my CD burner up and I can run cdrecord now (I tried a
freebsd.iso and a probably illegal collection of .wav's) .

BTW: The faq recommends to put these three lines in
/etc/devfs.conf:
perm    cd0     0666
perm    xpt0    0666
perm    pass0   0666
After a reboot I still have to set permissions for pass0
manually (they are set to 0600 per default, perhaps devfs.conf
didn't do anything at all? ).

Regarding nautilus-cd-burner things don't look too good, yet.
1) When I start the file browser there is no CD-Record item in
   the Start Here menu. But after I type burn:/// into the
   addressbar it is created.
2) I can copy, paste, cut and delete files to and from burn:/// ,
   but there is no item "Create CD" in the file menu.
3) I tried to start nautilus-cd-burner manually, sometimes the
   music cd checkbox was shown, sometimes not. When I started the
   burner on my .wav collection, there was a lot activity but no
   usable result. I don't know if this is of any relevance but I
   had to add -pad option when I ran cdrecord.

Anyway, thanks for your help so far and good luck with
nautilus-cd-burner.

Uli.