Build of Mozilla failed

Bram Moolenaar Bram at moolenaar.net
Wed Jan 21 13:17:39 PST 2004

I tried to build Mozilla 1.6 with the port in /usr/ports/www/mozilla.
This failed with this message:

checking for gmake... /usr/local/bin/gmake
configure: error: GNU Make 3.78 or higher is required to build Mozilla.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to gnome at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/config.log" including the output of the
failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide an
overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Looks like a dependency is missing.  I build /usr/ports/devel/gmake
(version 3.80) and then it continued.

% uname -a
FreeBSD masaka.moolenaar.net 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #1: Mon Oct 27 21:44:22 CET 2003     mool at masaka.moolenaar.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/MASAKA  i386

BTW: It's not easy to decide which version to build.  Isn't there some
documentation about what the advantages of each version are?  Esp. for
the Linux versions.

--
TIM: To the north there lies a cave,  the cave of Caerbannog, wherein, carved
     in mystic runes, upon the very living rock, the last words of Olfin

 /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram at Moolenaar.net -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
///        Sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
\\\              Project leader for A-A-P -- http://www.A-A-P.org        ///
 \\\  Help AIDS victims, buy here: http://ICCF-Holland.org/click1.html  ///