Splash-set (was: New GNOME splash screen)

Franz Klammer klammer at webonaut.com
Fri Jan 9 14:17:27 PST 2004

Alexander Leidinger wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:11:01 +0100
>Franz Klammer <klammer at webonaut.com> wrote:
>

>>oh, yes! i have some ideas i like to implement/do:
>>
>>- configuration dialog that stores the config in gconf
>>- gnome-session support (change splash on startup for the next session)
>>

>Yes please!

OK! the configuration dialog exists now but only the path name could be
changed.
i think it looks nice now with the changed gui. the are a updated
screenshots if you
are interessted.

>>- better random code
>>

>/dev/urandom should be random enough

i mean that the random-code should at least not set the same splash
again :-)

>>- bundled with some splash-screens?
>>

>I think a separate gnome-splash port would be better.

yes! this is better.
actually we could still do that. there are enough bsd-splashes available
in the meantime ;-)

Franz.