RFC: Restructuring GNOME meta-ports

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jan 5 15:43:11 PST 2004

I was thinking maybe we should borrow something from garnome seeing as
since they've borrowed practically everything from us already ;-) (the
ports system, that is).  What if we restructured the GNOME meta-ports to
look something like this:

x11/gnome2 (leave it the way it is)
x11/gnome2-lite (leave it the way it is)
x11/gnome2-fifth-toe (Will consist of the following):
 graphics/gthumb2 news/pan2 net/gnomeicu2
 x11-toolkits/gnome-themes-extras sysutils/gkrellm
 graphics/gimp-devel www/bluefish-devel
 net/tsclient graphics/sodipodi
 security/seahorse ftp/gftp net/gossip
 audio/rhythmbox net/straw
 multimedia/totem mail/balsa2
 irc/xchat2 net/gaim www/galeon2
 audio/jamboree

x11/gnome2-power-tools (New meta-port consisting of the following):
 devel/gnomevfs-extras sysutils/gnome-pkgview
 misc/quick-lounge-applet x11/gswitchit
 editors/dasher net/netspeed_applet
 editors/gedit-plugins deskutils/gdesklets
 net/gnomenetwork net/gnomenetstatus

devel/gnome2-hacker-tools (New meta-port consisting of the following):
 editors/mlview devel/gnomecommon devel/glade2
 editors/ghex2 devel/regexxer editors/conglomerate
 devel/anjuta-devel texproc/meld

deskutils/gnome2-office (New meta port consisting of the following):
 math/gnumeric2 deskutils/mrproject [planner] graphics/dia
 deskutils/glabels mail/evolution editors/AbiWord2

Thoughts?

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org
gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome