gnome-session bugs & evolution bugs

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Jan 4 09:22:21 PST 2004

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 10:35:18 +0100, Jan Stocker <Jan.Stocker at t-online.de>
wrote:

> I've installed a completly fresh system with newest -current (3 days
> old) and newest gnome-tree (with marcusmerge; 3 days old).

First all, please do search in the -gnome mailing list. Because some of
them are known issue.

> The problem on my system is:
>
> a) Many icons for gnome-apps are missing (p.e. for filemanager, so you
> get an error when you log in, cause you've a link in the panel for it
> per default)

known issue, Joe has sent a HEADUP in the -gnome.

> b) You cant close Gnome, the systems hangs, you still don't see the
> logout box.

known issue, even there has the workaround in -gnome.

> c) no session information is been written, also if you do it over
> "Desktop Preferences -> Advanced -> Sessions"

What do you mean? Do you mean, in the 'Current Session' tab? If you do,
then it works fine here as well on 5.2-CURRENT. The session is working
fine here, but not on the logout part.

> d) I've got an error
> Jan  3 20:24:17 Twoflower gconfd (jstocker-574): file gerror.c: line 225
> (g_propagate_error): assertion `src != NULL' failed
>
> Can't reproduce it this time....

Probably harmless, but I am not sure.. I haven't logout for the several
days.

> Some bugs in evolution-1.5
>
> a) If i select the root entry for my IMAP account (not a folder, that
> thing with the account name in the tree), evolution crashes.

You need to collect the backtraces and send to the
http://bugzilla.ximian.com and CC'ing to -gnome to let us know about it.

> b) Changing the colour for quotation text change nothin'

Same as with above, try to search in the Bugzilla and if none then report
it.

BTW: You don't need to email to both -gnome and Joe, because Joe always
read the -gnome. Also, there has more than one people in the FreeBSD Gnome
team. So, you can just send to -gnome and they all will read it. ;-)

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.