Gnucash fails on 5.2-RC2

Kaarthik Sivakumar kaarthik at comcast.net
Sun Jan 4 08:28:14 PST 2004

Hi

I am sending this mail here as this list is marked as the maintainer for
Gnucash. I just installed FBSD 5.2-RC2 and then installed gnucash (and about
48 of its dependencies) from ports. When I try to run gnucash with an
existing accounts file, guile dies with the following error:

Fatal error 'Unable to read from thread kernel pipe' at line 1100 in file /
usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_kern.c (errno = 0)

Line 1100 in uthread_kern.c is in function dequeue_signals(), when it is
trying to clear the pthread kernel pipe (from the comments near the point of
failure).

I assume this is the result of the various threading libraries in -current. I
installed a lot of the packages from the first installation CD. This is my
first exposure to the 5-series and I am not sure how to debug these problems.
Any help to debug this problem will be really appreciated. Please let me know
if you need more information.

Thanks.

kaarthik