ports/59496: New Port: x11/gtk-smooth-engine

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jan 3 10:24:34 PST 2004

This one does really need to clean, so here's my feedback.

	- The CATEGORIES needs to be change to 'x11-toolkits gnome',
	  just check 'ls /usr/ports/x11-toolkits | grep gtk' to see how many
	  gtk themes are in there. Which meaning, you should move this
	  port from x11 to x11-toolkits.

	- Need to add the 'CONFLICT= gnome-themes-extras-*',
	  because the x11-toolkits/gnome-themes-extras has the smooth
	  engine in there.

	- Need to use the USE_GNOME= gtk12 and USE_GNOME=gtk20
	  instead full path to the library. [1]

	- Need to use the ${HAVE_GNOME:Mgtk12} instead find the
	  the full path library to have the WITH_GTK12=yes. Same as with
	  gtk20. You can check some examples from mplayer, AbiWord2,
	  vim and etc. [1]

	- I disagree with the SHLIB, I do not think it's need for this. Well,
	  if you still prefer to have this then nevermind about this until
	  someone disagree.

	- Remove the 'USE_GNOME= gtk12 gtk20', which they should
	  be inside the HAVE_GNOME or WITH_* as I have said above.

	- Might need to use .include <bsd.port.pre.mk> and
	  .include <bsd.port.post.mk>.

	- Remove the '@dirrm lib/gtk-2.0/2.2.0/engines' in the pkg-plist,
	  because this directory is belong to GTK; not any theme engine.

	- Please use the portlint, the test is failed.

Hope, it helps.

[1] To learn more about them how to create the gtk/gnome port, visit:
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/porting.html

BTW: I am CC'ing to gnome at freebsd.org , in case if I am missing something
else or I am wrong.

bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.