New GNOME splash screen

Franz Klammer klammer at webonaut.com
Fri Jan 2 04:41:31 PST 2004

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 13:46, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

>>>That's a cool foot!  I haven't seen that one before.
>>>

>>Didn't they used it on the previous version of the gnome.org webpage (a
>>small version of it)? It's the foot I associate with gnome.

yes! that's the old foot. as i can remember they changed it because
the new one looks more like a "G".

>I guess I've never seen it blown up to that detail.  The texture is
>great.

many thanks for all the positive feedback! :-D

sorry, but i didn't know how to make such an effect like in the link above.
i  made two new variants without version number and a not (so) transparent
daemon/fbsd-text: http://webonaut.com/temp/splash/

franz.

>>>Yeah, it might be nice to have a standard devel splash screen.
>>>

>>I like to use it with 2.4. :-)
>>

>Or 2.6 :-).

year! ;-))

franz.