Fileroller in GNOME 2.5.4

JoãoGrilo grilo at netcabo.pt
Wed Feb 18 06:15:34 PST 2004

I'm using FreeBSD 5.2.1rc2

Upon installing Fileroller, and trying to open a .tgz archive, it
refused, claiming I had no gtar found.

I went to the ports tree and tried to install archivers/gtar, with no
success (claiming it already made part of the base system).

Pav asked me to try something, and it worked.

The solution, would be to create a symbolic link from /usr/bin/tar to
somewhere within the path but being the destination "gtar".

In my case, I did this:

	ln -s /usr/bin/tar /usr/local/bin/gtar

(since gtar was supposed to be in /usr/local/bin)

I'd love to submit a patch to automate your work, but my skills aren't
enough to do so.