OpenOffice 1.1 and Gnome

Paul Andrews andrews at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 9 09:47:14 PST 2004

Hello,

Just did a fresh install of FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE and am using Gnome 2 as my
desktop. A few hours ago I finished compiling the port for OpenOffice 1.1,
and have done both the 'make install' as root and 'make install-user' as the
user. However when I log into my desktop I do not have any of the icons for
OpenOffice.

Is there a problem with the port that it does not install/associate any
icons of OpenOffice. How can I setup the icons for OpenOffice so myself and
other users can have access to these.

The other users are not too bright so if I can make it as simple as possible
that would be appreciated.

---
Paul Andrews
E-mail: andrews at shaw.ca