gnomevfs2 and gnomevfs-extras

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 6 15:34:47 PST 2004

>> (02.06.2004 @ 1807 PST): Joe Marcus Clarke said, in 4.6K: <<
> This will happen if libsambaclient is installed on the system when
> gnomevfs2 is built.  I think we should add --enable-samba=no to
> gnomevfs2, and let users that want Samba support build gnomevfs-extras.
> Thoughts?
>
> Joe
>> end of "Re: gnomevfs2 and gnomevfs-extras" from Joe Marcus Clarke <<

Well, I mean, there are scenarios where this could conceptually lead to
stuff not getting installed when it's supposed to. It's nothing major,
but I think it's something we should do.

However, I do not know why libsambaclient was installed at that point. I
should have looked at the logs more closely. We'll see what happens with
this run (a 2.4 build).

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger