looking for hire workers on GTK 1.x

.VWV. victorvittorivonwiktow at interfree.it
Thu Feb 5 14:54:15 PST 2004

Hi.

I'm managing a couple of powerful CISC workstations. FreeBSD keeps all of
the products safe on UFS filesystem. One station has only multiple ATA
disks, the other one has SCSI disks driven by an ICP Vortex SCSI controller.

I mustn't upgrade anything at all on these computers, running FreeBSD 4.6.2
and 4.7.

I have a self-styled step-style frontend for the WIN applications.

I need a working Nautilus 1.0.6 as GTK filemanager and file prewier,
matching the same style - GTKstep -.

I don't trust in Linux' filesystems enough. Instead of FreeBSD 'amnesiac'
4.6.2 or 4.7, I could also choose Slackware 'darkstar' 8.1 or Red Hat
'walhalla' 7.3, having the same frontends, but I especially trust - and feel
at home - in FreeBSD.

I am stubborn, if Nautilus 1.0.6 runs on Linux, it must also run on FreeBSD.

The GTK 1 environment has all the components needed, even if badly written
or Linux-dedicated. I have seen the absurd amount of patches needed to
compile on our FreeBSD clean unix.

I'm looking for a 'hire debugger' able to fix the problems.

With my best regards

VITTORI