Script "configure" failed unexpectedly

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Feb 5 09:58:35 PST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:36:18 -0800, Jim Vanderveen, IT Administrator
<jim.vanderveen at owp.csus.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I just got an unexpected error during installation of libxslt (being
> built as a php4 dependency). Per the message from the build, I am
> sending the final part of the output of make. I have a screen(1)
> logfile, so if you require additional output, please let me know. The
> config.log file is attached, as well as pkg.list (output of `ls -1
> /var/db/pkg`).
<snip>
> checking for libxml libraries >= 2.6.3... configure: error: Version
> 2.5.11 found. You need at least libxml2 2.6.3 for this version of
> libxslt
<snip>

Did you ever bother to read your own error? It has said all, we have the
libxml2 2.6.5_1 in the ports tree so you will have to upgrade it first.
You should use the portupgrade to do the tasks first, then go back to php4
and try it again.

bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.