Thunderbird, CC header

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Thu Dec 30 09:56:04 PST 2004

Apologies if this the wrong forum.  This seems like a really simple
question but I haven't stumbled across the magic phrase to put into
Google that yields the answer.

I'm trying out Thunderbird (installed from ports onto a 5-STABLE
machine) as an IMAP client.  Under most circumstances, I want CCs of
emails that I send out (both new messages and replies to other
messages).  There doesn't appear to be a way of doing this short of
clicking on a new recipient field in the compose message window and
typing my email address in.  This requires both a mouse action and a
keyboard action, which is extremely annoying to me.  I'd like it to do
this by default, but I haven't figured out how yet.

So:

1.  Is there an equivalent to Evolution's "Always CC: to" preferences
setting?

2.  Failing that, is there a way to make Thunderbird at least *preserve*
all of the recipients in a "Reply to All" operation?

Thanks for any clue...

Bruce.

PS.  I know about the "Sent" folder.  That's not the same thing...I want
my copies to land in my INBOX so I can group all of the messages for a
given thread together.