Getting flash working with Firefox

Clint Olsen clint at 0lsen.net
Sun Dec 26 21:54:27 PST 2004

Derrick Edwards wrote:
> 	Did I miss why you are not using the linuxpluginwrapper. Talking about easy.
> Installing this port and reading the pkg_message will get you up and running
> very quickly. Just a suggestion.
> v/r
> Derrick

I did install the linuxpluginwrapper:

1) Firefox doesn't have an LD_PRELOAD entry.  So, there's nothing to
change here?

2) I don't even have a /etc/libmap.conf.  So, rather than change lines I
put the ones they suggested in there.  It says SEE ALSO, %%LIBMAPCONF%%.
  What is that?

3) So, when I apply this dlsym(7) patch, what do I do next?  Rebuild
world and reinstall?  It doesn't say.

4) It doesn't even say HOW to setup Flash7 support even though it's not
reliable.

So, I don't see what's so crystal clear here.

-Clint