firefox compiling

jason henson jason at ec.rr.com
Sun Dec 26 18:45:12 PST 2004

I have used firefox and thunderbird for a while and was with out them
for days last week.  I used to use portupgrade and it would never get
them upgraded right.  Portmanager neither.  I was running version 8
stuff.  Even when I got them to compile they would segfault.  I
finnally made the discover from a list archive that if you compile them
with -f and -o stuuf they break.   My old stuff may have had my -f
stuff, not sure.  As soon as I took the -f stuff out of make.conf all
was good.  Could you add a not to pkg-descr and maybe add a check for
those in the makefile.  It would have saved me alot of trouble.

Thanks,
Jason