gnome-session seg faults

Brian Behlendorf brian at hyperreal.org
Fri Dec 24 20:43:25 PST 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>> Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20.
>
> This is an FAQ, and a solution is readily found in the mailing list
> archives.  You need to do a portupgrade -rfu freetype2 on this machine
> (which will also rebuild all gtk20 dependent ports).

Well, that didn't work.  Several ports not currently building, like
gnomevfs2 (found out after 18 hours of babysitting the process), no way to
restart "portupgrade -rfu freetype2" for those that failed, so
it's looking like a clean wipe and reinstall.  :( Where was FAQ mentioned
for someone who doesn't read gnome at freebsd.org?  I didn't see a mention in
/usr/ports/UPDATING.  Maybe I get what I deserve for running RELENG_4, but
RELENG_5 is still not acceptable compared to 4 on the laptops I've tried
it on.

 	Brian