gnome-session seg faults

Brian Behlendorf brian at hyperreal.org
Fri Dec 24 01:12:01 PST 2004

This was reported on another list:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2004-December/001330.html

I'm seeing it on RELENG_4, haven't yet seen if it's a problem on RELENG_5.
Since the gnome-session port hasn't been changed in weeks, and this
followed an upgrade to xorg-6.8.1 for both myself and the author of the
above linked email, it's not necessarily a gnome issue; but I thought
folks here might have an idea of what could cause it.  Note that there's a
separate bug in the xorg-6.8.1 port with the i810 driver that requires
setting 'Options NoAccel' in the xorg config file before you'll even get
to gnome-session.

 	Brian