libxslt build error

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Dec 17 12:15:27 PST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:40:13 -0800, Kurt Werle <kwerle at pobox.com> wrote:

> libxslt failed to build with the following error (from /usr/ports... on
> FreeBSD 4.7):
> checking for libxml libraries >= 2.6.15... configure: error: Version
> 2.5.8 found. You need at least libxml2 2.6.15 for this version of libxslt
>
> Looks like one of the makefile depends needs fixing.

No, your machine needs to be fixing. Learn to use portupgrade for update
all of your apps first, before you can touch port what you are trying to
install. We have libxml2 2.6.16 in ports tree.

On another note, we don't support FreeBSD 4.7. It's highly recommend you
to update your FreeBSD too, which we only support 4.10, 5.3, 4-STABLE,
5-STABLE and 6-CURRENT. If you don't want to update, then please don't
bother to report your bugs in here.

> Kurt

FreeBSD GNOME Team