why only abiword in preferred applications?

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Wed Dec 8 18:26:55 PST 2004

I cannot get gedit or anything else showing in the Default Text Editor
tab.  Select an Editor only shows abiword now.  I've reinstalled
gnomecontrolcenter2 and a few other things along with gedit2.  Nothing
has worked.  I've searched with the gconf editor and I do not see
abiword in there.  It sucks that all my clicks in nautilus now open
files in abiword :(

I haven't uninstalled abiword yet to see if that helps.  Should I?

Cheers,
Sean