net/gnome-btdownload problem with python-2.4 update

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 6 16:21:38 PST 2004

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 15:39:10 -0600
"Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:01:42 -0500, Randy Pratt <rpratt1950 at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> > The net/gnome-btdownload builds and installs fine but has some
> > run-time issues after the latest python-2.4 update:
>
> Have you tried to run bittorrent alone, yet? Does it works?

The btdownloadcurses.py produces identical errors, but it does seem
to do some downloading.  It didn't seem to download very well and
I never seen it upload any bytes so I can't really say it "works".

> I am current upgrading my 5.3-STABLE boxes and downgrade from GNOME 2.9.x
> to 2.8.x to allow me test few stuff better, so at the same time I will
> taking the look at gnome-btdownload. I will update gnome-btdownload to
> 0.0.17 too if it will working with Python 2.4.

I guess I could downgrade to the previous python version if it
comes to that but I would rather keep my ports current.