py-gtk port

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Fri Dec 3 19:11:01 PST 2004

This is the maintainer address for the port x11-toolkits/py-gtk ... I've
run out of steam, extremely tired, but I have hit a problem, and before I
go to bed for the evening, I thought I would see if your collective minds
might be better than mine.

Here's the actual error text:

july:chuckr:~:#101>cd pygtk
july:chuckr:~/pygtk:#102>./Video.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./Video.py", line 5, in ?
    pygtk.require('2.0')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 47, in
require
    versions = _get_available_versions()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pygtk.py", line 34, in
_get_available_versions
    for filename in os.listdir(dir):
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/chuckr/pythonlib'
july:chuckr:~/pygtk:#103>

context is, I have a little py-gtk app, database, that I've just finished
writing, then before hooking up the database part, I decided to update
the python to the latest in FreeBSD-current's tree (it's the latest at
www.python.org, 2.4 release) and the latest py-gtk port.  Understand, at
this point, all the widdgets are humming fine, it's a goreous DB app for
my vide-store-owner friend.

Suddenly, import itself is failing, i can't even load pygtk.  Help!!  I've
tried rebuilding both python and pygtk, no good.

Remember, I'm off to bed, so don't hold your breath, I'm really, really
tired.  I sure would appreciate it if, when I awaken, one of you folks
have figured it alll out.

Chuck Robey         | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr at chuckr.org   | electronics, communications, and SF/Fantasy.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary (on the wall at my old fraternity,
Signa Phi Nothing).