nautilus cd write failure with -current

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Sat Aug 28 14:51:28 PDT 2004

V so, 28. 08. 2004 v 23:23, Sean McNeil píše:
> Pav,

> > > I just realized I don't have a CD-RW.  Anyone else want to take a look
> > > at this for Sean?
> >
> > Uhm, the output above is obviously from growisofs, a "DVD only" tool.
> > Are we really writing CD-RW?!
>
> You are absolutely correct.  I wasn't even thinking of that.  It is a
> dvd burner with a dvd-rw disk.  Still, all works fine with an erased
> disk but fails if I select the erase option.  This capability used to
> work just fine.

With DVD+RW, you can just start writing over full disc with growisofs
and it will overwrite. You can't do this with DVD-RW and growisofs, you
need to dvd+rw-format it before. I don't think nautilus-cd-burner does
this.

I know I should not tell this as a GNOMEr, but give up on
nautilus-cd-burner and use either commandline or k3b. n-c-b is not
mature in DVD writing.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>