dia-0.94,1 doesn't work on FreeBSD 5.3-BETA1 i386

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Aug 26 23:34:17 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 02:30, Dmitry Zorin wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Recently I installed dia and found that it doesn't work on my FreeBSD
> machine.
>
> duzer at zorin:/> uname -a
> FreeBSD zorin.vrdu.ru 5.3-BETA1 FreeBSD 5.3-BETA1 #0: Mon Aug 23
> 14:32:27 MSD 2004     duzer at zorin.vrdu.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZORINKRNL
>   i386
> duzer at zorin:/> pkg_version -v | grep dia
> dia-0.94,1                          =   up-to-date with port
> duzer at zorin:/> dia
> I/O warning : failed to load external entity "NULL"
> Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 83 in file
> /usr/src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 0)
> Аварийное завершение (core dumped)
>
> So any help will be appreciated.

FAQ.  You'll see if you search the archives of gnome@ or ports@ that
this is a by-product of mixing threading libraries.  One of dia's
dependencies is linked to libc_r, while dia is linked to libpthread.
You will need to track down the offending libraries, and rebuild them.
Alternatively, you can use /etc/libmap.conf to map libc_r to libpthread
throughout.