Installing fonts for Gnome

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Aug 26 18:27:46 PDT 2004

I'm running Gnome 2.6 and have been trying to find out how to add new
fonts to Gnome. More specifically, I have a dual system with FreeBSD and
Windows. I'd like to be able to use the Windows fonts, especially the
TrueType fonts, in FreeBSD and Gnome.

I've been looking for any documentation on this, but have struck out to
this point.

Any ideas where I might find this information? Does anyone know if this
is Gnome specific or an X issue or some combination.

Thanks!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)