You will simplyl love it.

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 17 19:25:54 PDT 2004

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 02:41, Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:
>

>>Guys, I wish it will be one of my false alarms... But for GNOME 2.6
>>functional difference between gconftool-2 --makefile-uninstall-rule and
>>gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule equal to zero. That's actually why
>>we got so many %gconf extras on pointyhat.
>>

>Maybe I'm missing something, but the only two %gconf.xml files that are
>continually left are ones in apps/ and schemas/apps.  And these are left
>there by gnomehier.

Shame on me :-( I shoud stop looking into source. You are right. There
is a global variable makefile_uninstall_mode which acts as a switch for
set/unset actions.  So while do_makefile_un/install() are same the
actual trick take place at

    do_makefile_uninstall()
       do_load_file()
             process_list()