glib20 vs ruby-gtktrayicon, PTHREAD_(CFLAGS|LIBS) issue?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Aug 15 11:01:05 PDT 2004

Hello,

I am about to take the ruby-gtktrayicon as maintaiership, but I seem can't
reproduce the same problem as what Kris's cluster build is having. I have
tried change lib_r and pthread by via the libmap.conf and I am still able
to install it. Is it already fixed recently or so?

Kris has marked it as broke last July 11th. The fail build log looks like:

===>  Configuring for ruby18-gtktrayicon-0.1.0
===>  Running extconf.rb to configure
checking for GCC... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func()... yes
checking for rb_block_proc()... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... yes
checking for gtk+-2.0... /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
/usr/local/lib/libgthread-2.0.so.400: Undefined symbol
"pthread_getschedparam"
*** Error code 1

Stop in /a/ports/x11/ruby-gtktrayicon.

I have searched and I have found three sources:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5714355

Is it safe for me to remove the broke line from Makefile since I can't
reproduce this problem?

FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome at FreeBSD.org