Monodoc on FreeBSD: Success!

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 09:00:59 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 10:34:17 EDT, Christopher Nehren scribbled these
curious markings:
> first moved to -CURRENT and when I updated. I'll have a FreeBSD port
> ready sometime soon, and I'd appreciate it if people with different
> OSRELs would test this, see if it works, and tell me their OSREL and
> libmap.conf situation. For the record, my OSREL is 502128 and I have my
> libmap.conf set up to work with nVidia drivers with mono mapped as John
> Merryweather Cooper suggested in a previous post.

Here's the port: http://prophecy.dyndns.org/~apeiron/monodoc-1.0.shar .
It passes portlint -ACN. If anyone has any additional suggestions, I
welcome them.

Execute it from ${PORTSDIR}/devel, or somewhere else, if you feel that
it belongs there instead.

Anyone who tries this is asked to send me their OSREL and libmap.conf
information, and any error messages. Have your Mono, GTK#, and GNOME
package versions ready, too.

Next on the list: MonoDevelop.

> [1]: Proof: http://prophecy.dyndns.org/~apeiron/monodoc-on-freebsd.png
> Yes, I know, I use the gtk-bluecurve theme. RedHat does one thing well,
> and that's look nice :-).

Whoops. The 403 on that is fixed.
Pointed out by: Pav Lucistnik
Pointy hat to: Christopher Nehren

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-