iconv port trouble

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 12 04:41:42 PDT 2004

Ghislain ADNET wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I don't know if this is the good place to ask but lets try anyway :)
>
>  I have a problem with the package libiconv, each time i try to
> install it i get the same error. I tried on libtool and get the same one:
>

> core1:/ports/devel/libtool15# make install
> ===>  Installing for libtool-1.5.6_1
> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> ===>  Checking if devel/libtool15 already installed
> pkg_info: /var/db/pkg/libiconv-1.9.2_1/+CONTENTS: No such file or
> directory
> *** Error code 1
>
>   Tha make is OK with no troubles but the make install do not want to
> pass.
>
>   I use a Verio VPS :
>
> FreeBSD core1.adn-services.com 4.7-RELEASE-p27 FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p27
> #33: Mon Jun 14 16:36:44 MDT 2004 root at fc2:/usr/src/sys/compile/VKERN
> i386
>
> What do you think i am missing here ?

Looks like you screwed up your libiconv installation. Please #rm -rf
/var/db/pkg/libiconv-1.9.2_1 and reinstall it. Later you may want to use
sysutils/portupgrade which will help you to avoid such troubles.

All the best,
Alexander.