metacity 2.8.2 focus new windows

Franz Klammer klammer at webonaut.com
Fri Aug 6 02:04:36 PDT 2004

James Earl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seem to be having some problems with metacity 2.8.2.  Basically when I
> start a new application from anywhere, it doesn't receive focus and is
> started underneith existing windows.  I believe I first noticed the
> problem after upgrading to metacity 2.8.2.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this, or is this just an upgrade issue?

me too!

just trying to figure out where the problem is but it seems to fail on
my less C knowledge ... i looked at gnome cvs and tried the lastest
version of window.c but this doesn't help.

the only programs i use frequently that start always in the foreground
is xterm, firefox and thunderbird. everything else (as far as i've seen)
is inactive or in the background.

the run dialog (ALT-F2) is active as there is no application started
with it. after the first "application run" it's always inactive.

> Just thought I'd check quick before I start deleting stuff in my home
> directory.

would first check with an user test before deleting something :-)

franz.