various feedback from an experimental workstation - CAD with GTK1

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sat Apr 24 00:13:58 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 17:53, .VWV. wrote:
> Amnesiac 4.7 experimental WORKSTATION: - hello -.
>
> What can I read in order to build a GTK1 interface for Xfig? I think it
> isn't easy for me, because I must obtain a decent result in a decent time.
> Is there anybody offering commercial support for this purpose?

There is no commercial gtk+/GNOME 1.x support that I know about.  You
may get commercial support indirectly for GNOME 2 from companies like
RedHat when you use their version of Linux.  There may also be similar
support for FreeBSD from 3rd part companies, but no one has approached
the FreeBSD GNOME team for any kind of commercial support options.

> I have succesfully commissioned the NEWstep style for KDE3, even if I don't
> use KDE any more, because there is only one serious app for KDE, the
> Varicad.
> I'm looking to find commercial support for custom GTK-based applications.

Your best bet is the gtk+/GNOME developer mailing lists from gnome.org.

Joe