windows wander (was: galeon crash)

Pav Lucistnik pav at oook.cz
Sat Sep 27 19:33:22 PDT 2003

V ne, 28. 09. 2003 v 02:17, Joe Marcus Clarke píše:

> > now things are even more exciting.
> >
> > windows are gratuitously moving around in workspace A when i am in
> > workspace B, for all values of A and B (i have twelve workspaces).
> > they move part way off the edge, so only some of the window is in
> > the visible part of the workspace.
> >
> > as i am a heavy workspace user and switcher (using mouse in panel
> > and using defined function keys), this makes the box unusable!
> >
> > also, the panel, which is usually on the right side of the top,
> > is now in the center of the top.
> >
> > this is on 4.9-prerelease as of last eve
> > fully cvsupped and portupdated
> > gnome 2.4 ... sawfish
>
> I believe these issues have been fixed in 1.3.9.  I know I haven't seen
> any such problems.

I had this issue of windows moving around when you click on the workspace pager
*with Sawfish running* today too. It made Sawfish with virtual desktops
absolutely unusable. I haven't investigated it much and reverted back to Metacity.
The move of the window depended on where you clicked in the pager. When you
clicked to the top left corner of the workspace on pager, the windows were
almost ok. The more down and right you click, the windows are more displaced.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
What do we know about love? Love is like a pear. Pear is sweet and have