gmplayer Broken After Gnome2 Upgrade

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Thu Sep 25 09:58:04 PDT 2003

I've followed the steps in the FAQ for upgrading from 2.2 to 2.4 and all
appears fine.  However, when starting gmplayer, the second I click on
the gmplayer control window, the top and bottom of the panel get clipped
(maybe 3-5 pixels) and then none of the buttons work.  I can still
right-click on the control panel and control the player via the context
menu.  Media seems to play fine.

I've tried rebuilding mplayer with portupgrade -rf but the same problem.
I thought this might be a window manager thing so I rebuilt metacity.
Same problem.  Any ideas as to what might be happening?  Did not have
this problem with 2.2.

Thanks,

Drew