Gnome-2.4 (with marcus repository): Weather applet crashes on startup

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Thu Sep 25 00:42:44 PDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 03:38, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 03:33:42 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
> <marcus at marcuscom.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 03:29, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> >> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:56:47 +0400, Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
> >> <vova at sw.ru>

> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> I get the same crash and I have a solution, good thing that I remember..
> >> :-)
> >>
> >> Here's an attach of patch-ltmain.sh and put it in the
> >> x11/gnomeapplets2/files/, then rebuild and reinstall it. I just tested
> >> it
> >> and it works fine.
> >
> > Note, this patch is not needed.  I had a typo in my configure patch
> > which has now been fixed.  As a general rule, any port that sets
> > USE_LIBTOOL does not need the ltmain.sh patch.  That is only needed in
> > certain cases, and GNU_CONFIGURE is then used instead of USE_LIBTOOL.
>
> Cool, thanks! So... x11-fm/nautilus2 can remove ltmain.sh, then replace
>  from GNU_CONFIGURE to USE_LIBTOOL? Or, it's just depend on?

No, certain ports require ltmain.sh as they use a newer version of
libtool and USE_LIBTOOL won't work.  We can't use libtool-1.4 yet due to
some other problems.  I sent Ade a patch, but it hasn't been committed
yet.  In the meantime, it's just easier to USE_LIBTOOL when possible,
and patch ltmain.sh when things break with libtool.  You get used to it.

Joe