make install clean for Gnome-2 fails with configure: error: You need PTLib's header files to build GnomeMeeting

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Sep 21 22:52:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:39:58 +0100, Stacey Roberts
<stacey at vickiandstacey.com> wrote:

> Hi Mezz,

And what's error? You get the fail by the 'make'? Is the work directory in
there?

>> 2) Go to net/openh323 and do the 'make'
>
> Tried that.., didn't work. For what its worth, since my latest try, I've
> installed openh323 and pwlib, make install in /usr/ports/x11/gnome2
> still fails with the error about ptlib in gnomemeeting.

And what's error again? It doesn't matter if openh323 and pwlib are
installed, gnomemeeting won't build unless you don't touch the 'make
clean'.. The openh323 and pwlib have to be built without 'make clean'
first to get gnomemeeting's build success.

>> 3) Try it again, do the 'make install' in the net/gnomemeeting
>>

> See above.., fails.
>> I can't promise you if I will solve your problem, but I hope so and I am
>> trying.. :-)
>
> Is it not possible to wipe gnome2 off the system and then do a fresh
> install of the thing? Or am I going to simply hit this same problem
> again? This is what I'm trying to do at the moment, and some guidance on
> this point would be handy.

I have done install Gnome 2.4 on the clean system and it went well. Also,
I even upgrade and it went well.

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.