Portupgrade Problem w/New Gnome2 Release

Bob Perry rperry4 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 21 18:43:03 PDT 2003

Hi Joe,
I tried to install Gnome 2.4 using ports but I still have the same 29 ports
that fail or are skipped.

It's odd that two of them appear in Fresh Ports as ports that should be
removed but when I run pkg_version, the output shows
bonobo-activation-2.2.4,1  "succeeds port (port has 2.4.0)", and
gtk-thinice-engine-2.0.2 "needs updating (port has 2.4.0)".  Afraid I've
really screwed this up.

I'm going to try again tomorrow and take better care at documenting the
errors.