Portupgrade Problem w/New Gnome2 Release

Matthew Donadio mdonadio at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 12:24:34 PDT 2003

Bob Perry wrote:
> When the process ended, I found that only 19 of 49 files had been upgraded.
> I also found out much later that many of the ports effected were ports
> involved in the new release (news to me) of GNOME2.  It was suggested that I
> review documentation on the GNOME2 release from the website, IRC, mailing
> lists, etc. and go from there.
> I'm preparing this note from my NT4.0 box.  Any suggestions as to how I can
> get my desktop back in operation?

FWIW, here is how I upgraded...

0.  from a tty w/o X and GNOME running
1.  cvsup the whole ports tree
2.  pkg_version to see which ports went away (they have a ?)
3.  pkg_deinstall -f of the ports that no longer existed in GNOME 2.4
4.  pkgdb -F to delete the now missing dependencies
5.  portupgrade -rf -m BATCH=yes ORBit2
6.  portupgrade -R -m BATCH=yes gnome2

I also have WITHOUT_LDAP=yes in make.conf

--
Matthew Donadio (m.p.donadio at ieee.org)