[Fwd: Re: portupgrade related problems]

Rob Lahaye lahaye at snu.ac.kr
Sun Sep 21 09:04:01 PDT 2003

Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:

> Hmm. I doubt it. USE_GNOME contains implicit orbit2 depedency. I still
> think it was something on your end. Pretty much like staled library. You
> may try to find all ORBit-2.so* may be you have it accicentaly installed
> somewhere in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Or it wasn't removed during last
> pkg_delete for some reason. Or whatever else. I can say for sure you had
> libORBit-2.so.0 somewhere in path but ORBit-2.pc file was missed.

Ah, here you got me.
I actually did a "pkg_deinstall --all" to get rid of all installed
ports and packages on my PC.
I wanted to build up the ports from scratch, after having built a
new world and kernel.
The port delete may then have overlooked some files; I only relied
on the empty output by "portversion".

My gnome2 port is now still compiling and all seems to go well.

Thanks for your help.

Rob.