portupgrade related problems

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 21 07:21:17 PDT 2003

Guys,

I see reports of build failures like "library xxx version yyy is
required by only zzz found" or "gnome-config not found". Let me remind
you that portugrade have an issue in conjuction with our port build
system. If you check your /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg directory you most
likely will see the source of your troubles. It's better to cleanup it
from times to times.
This may be used as a hint to resolve such problems:

If you see build failure as described above remove/rename apropriate
library at /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg and restart build.

All the best,
Alexander.