Add a new mime type? (problem with gDesklets)

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Sep 13 00:19:23 PDT 2003

Right now, I am trying to figure out how to add mime type, because it
seems like it doesn't work correct with gDesklets's *.display. It's
supposed to be able add the applets by click in the Nautilus on any of
*.display. I have checked the path and they are correct. Note that in the
ports tree has one wrong path, but I have corrected it here in local and
will be in the ports tree after freeze lift.

Is there anything else what it needs to add the mime type? Two of my
friends have Linux and they don't have any problem when they install
gDesklets and use Nautilus to add applets by click on *.display.

bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.