I've played around with gdesklets (patch included for interested parties)

Sat Sep 6 16:04:04 PDT 2003

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 14:05:33 -0500
Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> > I've played a little bit around, but I have no time to proceed
> > further...
>
> What's version of FreeBSD do you have? Here on 5.1-CURRENT, a day before
> ATAng went in the tree. I am having the problem with the refresh here, I

I'm a little bit more current, it's a week old.

> had to do it manual. Your patch works great, but I have to refresh
> weather, network and others by manual. Strange, the clock is only one that
> doesn't has the refresh problem. I can't figure how I can get them fix.

The clock is the only applet which I've seen (ok, I've also seen the
weather applet, but it wasn't able to find the city I specified).

> > Here's a patch for those which want to get useful numbers out of Psi's
> > Network-0.1.4 tarball... at least it should spit out useful numbers, the
> > Font<something> desklet is missing, so I wasn't able to fully test it.
>
> I have found two very small typo..

[...]

> Should be os.popen..

Uhm... yes.

> Here are two attaches of FontSelector and Network port in case if you want
> to play with it. I have over 7 applets port here in my local. :-)

My suggestions:
 - remove post-extract & do-patch
 - add do-build and run Install... from there (technically it's an
   extraction, but you can also think about it as "creating the files
   you want to install in WRKSRC", so do-build applies)
 - for "network" only: rename the __init__.py patch (no "patch-" at
   the beginning, patch it by hand in do-build after running Install...

Does the build really depends upon gdesklets? I haven't found the string
"desk" as a run dependency in the Install*.bin.

Regarding the pkg-message, I would just write:
---snip---
This is just a sensor, to actually see the data it collects, you have
to install an appropriate display plugin.
---snip---

I will try them after a little bit of sleep.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Actually, Microsoft is sort of a mixture between the Borg and the Ferengi.