Your thought about name of gDesklets applets in port?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Wed Sep 3 17:05:42 PDT 2003

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 01:54:19 +0200, Piero <piero at poprostu.pl> wrote:

> W liście otrzymanym Wed, 03 Sep 2003 16:22:01 -0500 od Jeremy Messenger
> <mezz7 at cox.net> :
>
>> I have created five ports of applet. I am wondering if I should do
>> like..
>>
> [snip]
>>
>> Oh yeah, one more thing... All of them have the README, so should I
>> add them in the install too?
>
> F.E.
>
> .if !defined(NOPORTDOCS)
>         @${MKDIR} ${DOCSDIR}
> .for file in ${PORTDOCS}
>         ${INSTALL_DATA} ${WRKSRC}/doc/${file} ${DOCSDIR}
> .endfor
> .endif
>
> If it makes sense at all for one file.

I am thinking to have the READMEs to live with the sensors and/or displays
like this:

	@${CP} ${WRKSRC}/README ${PREFIX}/share/gnome/gdesklets/Displays/${NAME}/
	@${LN} -s ${PREFIX}/share/gnome/gdesklets/Displays/${NAME}/README \
		${PREFIX}/share/gnome/gdesklets/Sensors/${NAME}/README

Also, put sentences in the pkg-message to tell user to read the README. If
anyone disagree, then I can put in ${DOCSDIR} and use NOPORTDOCS too..

bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.