Ideas for showing off Gnome on FreeBSD?

Piero piero at poprostu.pl
Wed Sep 3 06:17:44 PDT 2003

W liście otrzymanym Wed, 3 Sep 2003 14:26:56 +0200 od Alexander
Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> :

> On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:35:42 -0500
> Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Oh duh! I looked in the wrong place... Thanks, Joe! Tomorrow, I will
> > try to start to create the menu and create many applets port as I
> > can get. If anyone is working on some applets, just let me know to
> > avoid double work.
>
> What about adding individual ports for the plugins instead of creating
> a menu? This way we also can provide them as packages. With a menu an
> user has to recompile it (personally I don't have a problem with this,
> but there are people out there, which only use packages).

Well, interactive menu has also disadvanteges when it comes to
port-upgrading. One have to attend the process. If it could have the
knobs (WITH_SMTH, WITH_SMTH_ELSE) also, this would be good. Just my 2c.

--
 Piero
 piero at poprostu.pl