Keybinding changes in Mozilla Firebird

Christopher Nehren apeiron at comcast.net
Sat May 31 05:24:24 PDT 2003

Yes, I've read the docs, grepped through the source archive using both a
local copy and LXR, have asked in #firebird and #mozillazine, and have
done my best to look through http://marc.theaimsgroup.com .

I've recently built a GTK+-2.0 version of Mozilla Firebird, having
modified Stijn Hoop's uncommitted patches to ports/www/phoenix.
Everything runs wonderfully, except for one tiny little thing: ^Q is now
bound to "Close Tab" and there's nothing bound to "Quit". I'd like to
fix this to be the way it was when my Firebird was using XUL as its
default toolkit -- using whatever means possible. I've already edited a
.jar file in /usr/X11R6, but that change isn't showing up in the menu.
If needed, I'll hack the source and rebuild. I just want these two
keybindings to work and be visible from the menu. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, and best regards.
Christopher Nehren