HEADS UP TESTERS: New marcusmerge script

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 26 18:42:13 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 21:03, P. U. Kruppa wrote:

> > Definitely!  I just committed it.  Everyone, be sure to download the
> > updated version.  Thanks!
> >
> > Joe
> Hmm (?!),
>
> usually I cvsup -CURRENT to src-all and ports-all - all in one
> supfile.

Franz's modifications assume a separate ports supfile, but it should
work with a combined one.

> Then, when I have got some time left (p.ex. yesterday), I do a marcusmerge -
> which seems to work fine.
>
> But I think I didn't get the point, how to integrate both
> processes. I left the
> SUPFILE=
> line blank.
> Could you please re-explain slowly?

You probably don't want to use this SUPFILE functionality.  You're
probably better off doing things the way you always did.  Franz's
modifications are a convenience for people that want to do their port
upgrade/marcusmerge in one fell swoop.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team	::	marcus at FreeBSD.org