fontconfig doesn't install fontconfig-config

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Wed May 14 04:25:34 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 11:46, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> ... and that's probably bad because sooner or later packages will check for
> it in configure scripts. Can you please fix?

... and an hour later I actually stumble over one. ;) Okay, seriously: I'm
currently investigating the dependencies of KOffice 1.3 Beta1 and it checks
for the non-existant fontconfig-config in it's configure-script, but more
importantly, it depends on wv2.

So I've begun to make a port of wv2 where I hit again a dependency on a port
that belongs to gnome@: libgsf. Libgsf can be configured to not build
wrappers for gnome-vfs and bonobo, which makes the dependencies on those
optional. Since libgsf now is an indirect dependency of KOffice in this
scenario, it would probably best not to pull in GNOME. Repocopy and a second
libgsf-port come to mind as an option, but also .if HAVE_GNOME/USE_GNOME
seems reasonable, what do you think?

--
Regards,
	Michael Nottebrock