FAM and portmapper

Wade Majors wade at ezri.org
Tue May 13 09:14:55 PDT 2003

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 10:27, Wade Majors wrote:
>
>>The devel/fam/pkg-message and/or the GNOME-2.2 FAQ should be updated to
>>indicate that a portmapper needs to be running for FAM to work. It is
>>not by default.
 >
> I agree.  Can you let the fam maintainer know about this?

I realized you would say this after I clicked send ;)

I sent a message to alane at freebsd.org (listed as maintainer for FAM), as
well.

I still think the the WITH_FAM=yes part of the FAQ should be qualified
further, as its not likely one will see the pkg-message scroll by during
install.

If noone gets around to this by later in the week i'll pull the www tree
and submit a diff.

-Wade