gnome 2.2 build fails with gstreamer

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Sun May 11 13:50:09 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 16:30, Rohit Nafday wrote:
> On Sun, 11 May 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
> > Can you send the whole test of the build as well as /etc/make.conf?
>
> I piped the output of make install in gnome2 to errors.txt, which is
> attached.  I am using the default make.conf that came with the system, but
> I attached a copy of that too.

I don't see an error in here.  It looks like it should work.  I also
can't reproduce this problem on any of my -STABLE machines.  This may be
something specific to 4.7, but I don't have a machine with which to test
it.  Since it just looks to be failing in the tests, cd to
/usr/ports/multimedia/gstreamer/work/gstreamer-0.6.1/libs/ext/cothreads,
and edit Makefile.  Remove "tests" from line 105, and then try to build
gnome2.  It should work then.

You should also let the gstreamer maintainer know about this.  gstreamer
is maintained by lioux, and not gnome.

Joe