nautilus media view error

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 10 19:48:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 03:23:11PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 14:17, Brian Gruber wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm having a couple of annoying problems, and I hoped
> > maybe someone could lend me a hand.  this is all under
> > gnome 2.2 on freebsd 5.0.
> >
> > Whenever I try to use the nautilus media view, i get
> > the error "The Media view encountered an error while
> > starting up."  Switching to the console, I can see
> > what the problem really is; it's trying to load
> > gst-player-view from /usr/local/libexec when it is
> > actually in /usr/X11R6/libexec.
>
> gstreamer-player installs this binary, but doesn't list it in the
> plist.  That's because it doesn't check for the presence of libnautilus.
>
> Mario, gstreamer-player should set WANT_GNOME=yes, then check for the
> presence of nautilus2.  If found, it will install the Nautilus view
> (gst-player-view).  Also, replace patch-configure with the attached
> patch to solve the LIBEXECDIR problem with the Nautilus view.

	Just committed. :) Thanks for the catch. I am very behind
on my fixing queue :(

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer
flames to beloved devnull at someotherworldbeloworabove.org
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature