Gnome 2.3.1 frozen, can't load desktop anymore..

Mezz bsdforums.org reigncracks at hotmail.com
Fri May 9 12:26:30 PDT 2003

> > > Yes.  As of libbonobo-2-3.1, there is no more bonobo-activation port.
> > > You should remove it.  bonobo-activation is included within libbonobo.
> >
> > Okay. I did a `pkg_deinstall bonobo-activation` and `portupgrade -f
> > libbonobo`, and Gnome hangs on startup again. Is there something else we
> > need to clean up?
>
>That should do it.  Maybe remove ~/.gnome2/session (which fixed a
>bonobo-activation hang in the past).  However, my GNOME works after
>similar steps (not removing session).  Where does it hang?

Well, it's really broke on 5.0.. I already clear the whole Gnome2's dotfiles
and still the same problem. I removed bonobo-activation, rebuilt libbonobo
and gnome-panel. The gnome-panel just will halt and frozen, it's like you
can't do anything on it such as menu and etc, which I can see it on the
desktop.

Anyway, a lot of stuff are depending on bonobo-activation such as AbiWord2,
acme and etc. I think, I will have to rebuild the full Gnome 2.3.1 from
stratch.. But, I doubt it will fix those problems thought.